Coalition Stormwater Program Director (see flyer)
Applications due March 16, 2023. Date extended as needed, call 518-447-5645 for details.
The Stormwater Coalition of Albany County has one (1) vacancy for the full time position of Coalition Stormwater Program Director. This is a 40 hour per week position with flexible hours and County benefits. Remote work is possible as allowed by County policy. Salary $65,000-71,000.
- The Stormwater Coalition is a unique, award winning inter-municipal partnership which includes 13 member communities all permitted under the NYS SPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Separated Storm Sewer Systems (‘MS4s’). Albany County is both a member and host of the Coalition.
- The preferred candidate is an able stormwater practitioner, well versed in permit requirements and comfortable with managing a dues based organization within County government. The candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, creative, and an effective communicator.
- Daily work includes supporting members in permit related tasks, facilitating a Coalition-wide process to troubleshoot compliance issues, implementing public participation activities, and managing a variety of administrative tasks. Training provided.
- An active familiarity with local government, land use law and procedures, municipal operations, stream ecology, GIS technology, and storm system infrastructure are recognized assets as is an abiding commitment to protecting water quality within the framework of the Clean Water Act SPDES program.
- For more information, explore the Coalition website: www.stormwateralbanycounty.org.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications stated in the Albany County Civil Service Job description.
If interested, submit an Albany County ACS-21 application, transcript, and resume by mail or email to the following addresses, no later than 5:00pm, Thursday, March 16, 2023.
Stormwater Coalition of Albany County
Albany County Department of Health Building
175 Green Street, Room B026, Albany, New York 12202
The ACS-21 application for examination or employment is available from the Albany County website: https://www.albanycounty.com/departments/civil-service. This position is a competitive class Civil Service position to be filled on a provisional basis pending a Civil Service examination and test results.
Albany County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.