Coalition Stormwater Program Technician (see flyer).
Applications due July 30, 2021. Date extended as needed, call 518-447-5645 for details.
The Stormwater Coalition of Albany County has one (1) vacancy for the part time position of Coalition Stormwater Program Technician.
- The candidate directly assists four municipalities in implementing stormwater permit requirements. Preferred candidates have a keen interest in sustainability, water quality, and natural resource management.
- Typical activities include dry weather outfall surveys, municipal facility self audits, construction site inspections, and inspections of stormwater facilities, such as ponds, rain gardens, swales, etc.
- Other activities include public education, record keeping, mapping support, and enforcement research.
- Training unique to the stormwater regulations will be provided.
- The candidate is expected to work successfully and closely with a variety of staff from multiple municipal departments (public works, engineering, planning, and code enforcement).
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications stated in the Albany County Civil Service job description.
If interested, submit an Albany County ACS-21 application, transcript, and resume by mail or email to the following addresses, no later than 5:00pm, Friday, July 30, 2021.
Stormwater Coalition of Albany County
Albany County Department of Health Building
175 Green Street, Room B026, Albany, New York 12202
The ACS-21 application for examination or employment is available from the Albany County website: https://www.albanycounty.com/departments/civil-service. This position is a competitive class Civil Service position to be filled on a provisional basis pending a Civil Service examination and test results.
Albany County residency requirements apply.
To be employed by a department of Albany County government, you must be a resident of Albany County on the date of appointment and remain so throughout employment per Resolution 587 (2013).
Albany County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.